The Start Up of You is seriously one of the best books I've read! I'm not even kidding! Usually I just get rid of books I have to read for classes but I think I'll make my brother read this before he graduates high school!
The Start Up of You has really taught me some great lessons that I can apply to my professional life and my business. It has inspired me to change a few things within myself and my business. For one I've learned a lot about developing a competitive advantage. That chapter has been one of my favorites so far. I've felt for awhile that I needed to evaluate something and change it but this identified it for me! I needed to be different than the rest and highlight that in my resume and how I run business. I also need to build up a professional network of colleagues.The questions at the end of each chapter are great tools that I will definitely use frequently!
I loved the "permanent beta" part in the book. Everything is always a work in progress because nothing ever becomes perfect. Especially in this era where technology advances so fast. There is no end to improving yourself because humans are made to be imperfect and that's what makes life meaningful.
This week's assignments have been great so far. I loved the Randy Pauch lecture. It's totally inspiring to see someone who really has a great work ethic and has got that far. It makes things seem so much more possible for me as long as I keep working hard.
I'm looking forward to improving myself using the tools I've learned already and the tools I have yet to learn! I'm also looking forward to reading and listening to more inspiring videos and learning from people who have achieved so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment