Randy Komisar tells a story in his video about how he discovered that wealth isn't happiness. He was a big CEO for a company and was making lots of money. But at some point he stopped and realized he wasn't happy at all. So he gave that up and ended up doing something that actually made him happy even if it didn't make him a lot of money.
In our case studies this week there was one about missing your daughter's dance recital. You either went to work to deal with a big problem or kept your promise to your daughter and went to her dance recital. I thought about the situation for a little while and was having a hard time thinking of what I would do. But in the end I thought "Well that company isn't worth seeing the disappointment on my daughter's face. If the company can't understand that my daughter is more important than them then I'd rather not work for them." Family is the most important unit on this earth. If it's the most important than it's obviously something to sacrifice for.
I've looked back on my life so far and the thing that has truly brought me the most happiness is my family. There's something about being able to laugh, talk, cry, and spend time with people you've known your whole life and love.
Money and power can't replace relationships and it can't fix loneliness.
"True riches are found in big hearts, not big wallets."-Anthony Douglass Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment